Pages

The Blaines

The Blaines
For more information about current fundraisers and walks, please click on the picture!

Who Cares?

Wednesday, September 17, 2014

I sometimes wonder if people get tired of seeing my continual post about our fundraising efforts.  So I thought I would share why I care so much about these upcoming walks and all the fundraisers we are doing?

Because my child was diagnosed at the age of 2 with a brain tumor that has almost no chance of survival for children under the age of 2. 
Ellie, day she was diagnosed, February 18th, 2013


Because I know how it feels to wonder whether or not my child will live.

Because I've said the prayer where I begged God to heal her because the doctors couldn't.

Because I've spent hours googling my child's cancer hoping and praying to read something encouraging.

Because I've been in a hospital where children fight every day for just one more day.

Because I will never forgot the day the little girl across the hall from us passed away and I watched the pain on her family's face from inside my daughter's hospital room.

Because I've witnessed first hand the effects of these medicines. I've watched children get sick while desperately trying to eat something so they don't have to have their feeding tube connected.

Because I've been told "your daughter has 4 weeks to live."

Because I watched my family try to be strong while they were scared to death.

Because the scene of the last night of my daughter's life is permanently stuck in my brain and there are days I would love to turn it off.

Because cancer isn't just about cute kids with bald heads, 7 children loose their life everyday due to this disease!

Because before Ellie got cancer I was completely unaware. I knew nothing about pediatric cancer or the prevalence.

Because today 46 children will be diagnosed with cancer, and one could easily be another one of mine, my family's or my friends.

Because now I know and I want to be a part of the cure, not just hope someone else does. 

I know these aren't the pretty facts of cancer or our experience with it, but these are the realities. 

Last picture I have of Ellie on my phone, December 18th, 2013.  You can see the cancer has taken over, you can see how tired she is, but how much she still wanted to paint with Mrs. Kelly. 

There's my reasons for caring and why this is so important to me. If you'd like to join us in our efforts, below are some important links.

CureSearch Walk Team

St. Jude Walk Team
http://walk.stjude.org/princessstrong2014

Current ThirtyOne Fundraiser for CureSearch

For more fundraising updates, visit Team Princess Strong's Facebook page
https://www.facebook.com/groups/teamprincessstrong

Prayers, Praise and Pink
Carly 









3 comments:

Aunt Joey said...

We could never tire of the heartfelt awareness of Ellie's Story and to the many lives you have touched. Always be the shining inspiration and know that all your efforts will live on.

Anonymous said...

This brought tears to my eyes because these are things no parent should ever have to know. We put so much effort into the war on drugs, why not the war on childhood cancer? These children could change the world if given a chance. I don't know you personally but I know and love your family, I find your faith inspirational. My coworker lost his little guy from childhood cancer at the precious age of 6. None of us should have to ever know a person who lost a child to cancer....there should be no cancer. That is where our efforts should be focused in this country.

Anonymous said...

This brought tears to my eyes because these are things no parent should ever have to know. We put so much effort into the war on drugs, why not the war on childhood cancer? These children could change the world if given a chance. I don't know you personally but I know and love your family, I find your faith inspirational. My coworker lost his little guy from childhood cancer at the precious age of 6. None of us should have to ever know a person who lost a child to cancer....there should be no cancer. That is where our efforts should be focused in this country.

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS