Pages

The Blaines

The Blaines
For more information about current fundraisers and walks, please click on the picture!

Time for a Village!

Sunday, August 2, 2020

A friend and I were talking this morning about going back to work, school start times, etc...and she said "it's truly going to take a village"

That simple little phrase stuck with me all afternoon.  I kept thinking...what if this had happened 8 or so years ago.  I didn't know the meaning of village at all...at least not how my friend intended it.  I was not one to ask for help, at all.  I'd try to fix it all myself.  There were plenty of kind people around me that would offer help, but I wouldn't take it, or dare reach out and ask for it!

Thankfully with time, I've learned to let people in.  I mean, God kinda forced me into it when Ellie got sick and we had to move 700 miles away, but I did learn the lesson!  And for the next however long I've got my village helping out with my girls!

I'm sure so many people are faced with decisions they never thought they'd be making!  Choices to stay home, to go to work, to keep their kids home, send them to school, figure out whose going to watch them when they aren't at school...and I'm sure there are so many more. Choices that probably involve spending more money or not having as much income.  Choices that carry a burden.  

May I suggest a village?

If you don't need a village, maybe you could be a village for someone else.  I'm sure there are many more like the me from years ago, who are so scared to ask for help, or just don't know how.  

Life just feels crazy, a tad out of control, but this weakness and loss of control is when we can shine brightest, when we can let Jesus shine through us!

As many teachers start heading back to work and soon kids start entering school buildings, pray for them.  No one truly knows how this will play out, so give grace to those who have a different opinion than you.  Listen to the overwhelmed momma who can't figure out where her kids are going two days a week.  Reach out to your people, your village, see if they need help, need prayers, just need a break.  Let someone help you.  Be patient with changes as everyone is figuring out how to do life.  Smile, even if you have your mask on! And above all else, trust Him!

P.S.Tomorrow is my first day of work at my new school...I'm like a kid of Christmas Eve!  


Prayers, Praise and Pink
~Carly

No comments:

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS