Pages

The Blaines

The Blaines
For more information about current fundraisers and walks, please click on the picture!

Could you practice what you preach?

Thursday, February 24, 2011

A friend shared a link to a blog yesterday that I cannot get out of my head.
http://kandjstaats.blogspot.com/
This sweet young family lost their 4 month old baby girl last week, and as I sit here holding my 4 week old blessing, I can't even imagine the pain they are going through. I spend my days complaining about sore boobs, and laundry and this mother has had to pick out her daughter's casket. I've thought and thought about them, and one thing keeps jumping into my mind, what would I do? So many times when friends are going through hard times, I try to remind them that God has a plan for them and He won't give them anything He won't help them through. Then I think back to this mom, could I truly believe that in her situation. Could I still continue to praise him during the loss of someone so close to me or would I curse him? Would I continue to go to church with a smile on my face or would I shut myself away? Would I thank him for the time I had or would I hate him for the time he took away from me? Could I continue to seek him, live in his will and ask him for guidance or let myself start to run my life? Oh how I pray that if I was ever put in a situation like this family, I could continue to love my God and I would count on his grace to carry me through. I pray this family is surrounded by His love and they know He is in control. Take a minute to say a prayer for this family and then praise God for yours!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just like Job did you did. When you wrote this you had no clue your daughter you were holding was going to die of cancer.... but she did. And you still praise God.

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS