Pages

The Blaines

The Blaines
For more information about current fundraisers and walks, please click on the picture!

Normal?!?!

Thursday, February 21, 2013

Today we got to enjoy both our children in the same house.  You can tell everyone is trying to adjust back to "normal"...whatever that may be.  Noah had a couple of meltdowns last night where he started crying and all he could say is "I don't know why I'm crying", all we could do was squeeze him tight.  Being a school counselor I want to reassure him everything he's feeling is normal (there's that word again) but he doesn't know what he's feeling.  
Richard was able to take him to church last night for Puggles...again trying to regain that normalcy.  Richard then went and spoke to our church family about our new situation.  I am in awe of his strength.  He has continually repeated our story to numerous family members and close friends.  I still have a hard time explaining any of this aloud, but he does it beautifully.  
Since being home Ellie has finally started to play with some of those birthday presents, she never got to touch.  Its also made me realize we never really cleaned up anything from Ellie's party...besides the food.  Her decorations are still up in the basement and some of her presents are still in boxes.  I find birthday cards every once in a while that have never been opened. The general "unorganization" of my house is driving me a tad bananas today....don't let that fool you it's not usually that clean or organized but I am 34 weeks prego and I'm pretty sure nesting is getting the best of me!  We have to consolidate two kids into one room and get a baby's room ready, not a huge task in reality, but it feels like a mountain at the moment.
 Yeah for art time with Mrs. Kelly!
 Our new hair do...pre hair washing!  "Tails"...which she loves to twirl and a hair bow!

 A green snowman!
So her brother....lining everything up!

We got to wash her hair today!!!  She definitely did not enjoy the bath like she normally does, but who can blame her, Daddy ended up throwing on a bathing suit and hoping in with her to help give her support.  Sitting up on her own without a chair is still a little scary for her.  We did the best we could since we aren't allowed to scrub the top of her head yet.  But at least it's clean and we have the hair bow in almost the right place now!

I caught myself talking about tomorrow, today....Richard stopped me, "that's tomorrow Carly".  Thank you Lord for giving me this man to love. I couldn't imagine embarking on this journey with anyone else.


So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you in my righteous right hand. Isaiah 41:10


One Day At A Time
~Carly


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

1 Peter 5:7

Let Him have all your worries and cares, for He is always thinking about you and watching everything that concerns you.

Continued prayers for strength, faith, peace and healing.

Megan Hoffer said...

Carly, you are one strong woman. I'm praying for an expedited recovery for your adorable daughter and I'm so glad you guys are home. You are a role model to moms everywhere. Stay strong!!

Pamala said...

Carly and Richard, thank you so much for letting Makenzie and I to come over and visit today. We love you guys and we continue to pray for you all and wear our pink.

With all our love Pam and Makenzie Lawson

Anonymous said...

Just to let you know baby sitting or anything you need we are here.

Eddie and Tonya Estes

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS