Pages

The Blaines

The Blaines
For more information about current fundraisers and walks, please click on the picture!

With a grateful heart

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

I just wanted to take moment to say thank you.  As Richard and I sat this evening opening the numerous cards and packages that came in the mail today, I had to take a deep breath and try not to cry.  The outpouring of love for my family is overwhelming.  I know my little girl touches my heart, but I never knew she would touch so many other lives.  I knew my blogging was good for my family, but I never imagined the lives God would allow me to touch.  I feel honored to help others find their faith again.  
The amounts of money that have been raised so far are astounding.  The gifts for the kids continue to brighten their days.  The meals that show up daily and not only delicious but filled with such sweet spirit.  I've never been good at asking for help, always trying to fix things myself...so this is just amazing to me.  I will never be able to personally thank everyone who has prayed for us, sent us cards, fixed food for us, but please know that it is appreciated.  

So her majesty had her PT and OT evaluations today.

We geared up in our new princess gear and headed out!
It was so nice to feel like we were actually doing something for her today, meaning something to help her on her road to recovery.  Not that I'm too sure what the road entails, but today was a start! She did great on her OT eval, thinking she was the funniest thing ever, and even learning a thing or two from the OT.  No OT needed!  We then waited for our PT eval.  As we sat waiting for out next appointment I watched my little girl play with toys, jabber her jaws (apparently she is making up for the two weeks she didn't talk) laugh at the therapy dog and talk to the other kids.  You look at her smile and you'd never imagine there is anything wrong with her.  Her energy and spirit that make her who she is, have finally returned and I am so grateful for it.  I know these are the qualities that are going to help her (and all those around her) through every step of her journey.  I have no idea what chemo will do to her little body...something else I can't bring myself to research yet...but I don't think anything can crush that positive spirit and smile!

It was decided after her PT eval, that it would be beneficial for her to receive services, once a week, while we are still in the area.  I was very proud of my brave girl, for doing almost everything she was asked to do, even when she got scared.  If anything this ordeal is helping her be much more comfortable around new people.

In one of our packages today was a little card that I think I should have in my hand at all times.  It reads...

Waiting...
When I am impatient,
Lord, help me to be calm.
When I get discouraged and feel alone,
help me to remember that you are with me. 

"Those who wait upon the Lord will renew their strength." Isaiah 40:31



Prayers, Praise and Pink
~Carly


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful. God bless each of you.

Vanessa said...

May God bless you and your family. You are now always on my prayer list, I just love her smile and Noah he is real sweet heart. Love from the Guillette's.

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS