Pages

The Blaines

The Blaines
For more information about current fundraisers and walks, please click on the picture!

Ellie's Angel

Monday, March 4, 2013

Before you start reading this you should change the tone of that internal reading voice just a little, make it a little deeper. I know you are used to reading this with your "Carly voice", sorry folks, this is Rich(ard)... I felt like I should share this story with everyone.. a little deeper..

Most of you know last week was my first week back at work, well I was physically at work that is. I wasn't productive, not that anyone would expect that I completely forget about what is happening at home. After getting home at 6 or 7 each night by the end of the week I just wasn't feeling it anymore. I hadn't seen my kids but for an hour or two each night. Which would typically be normal except that I just spent 2 weeks non-stop with Ellie and Carly and rarely saw Noah while all of this stuff was happening. It was Friday and I missed my kids and my wife. I decided pretty early in the day I was going to go home early... 3 o'clock it is. After 1:00 while I was making my rounds around the store my head got sidetracked. I went to the place that Carly and I promised we wouldn't go... beyond "today". Remember one of those verses we said would lead us through...

Mathew 6:34 "Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own" "

Yep. Forgot about it. I let me get the best of me and I was in a bad place. By this time I was walking aimlessly around the store, don't really know for how long. My eye's were starting to water and I had to get away, off to the office I went. Went in the office sat my behind in the chair and grabbed my bible off the shelf. With no intent or direction I flipped it open. Didn't matter what I read as long as I was reading it. Looked down and there was Mathew 18, game on. As I'm sure some people do when they need a piece of God's word, I was searching while I was reading. For the bit of hope or understanding. Then there it was. Verse 10.

"See that you do not look down on one of these little ones. For I tell you that their angels in heaven always see the face of my Father in heaven."

This was the verse I needed. This was the verse my Pastor had explained to me on Feb 13th (the day after and day before Ellie's surgeries). He explained to me that Ellie's angel, her own personal angel, sees the face of God everyday. Her angel reports to God on her well-being. God knows exactly how Ellie is doing and exactly how she is going to do (that would be the Jeremiah 29:11 verse, the expected end we are holding onto). It made no sense for my head to wonder and get down in the ditches. My God's got this. He already has the provision for this problem we just haven't got to where He is yet. I was smiling before I got half way through the verse. Game over Satan. I headed back to floor feeling better and it wasn't 5 minutes later when I had a phone call. Dr. Molly Clarke from St. Jude was on the other end. I guess my angel reported to God in my time of need and saw it fit to send down a blessing. There's no coincidence to the timing of these things. My Gods in control, He's always on time, and His grace is always sufficient.


Love you all and thank you.                                      Prayers, Praise, and Pink
                                                               -Rich

No comments:

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS